The Alliance was selected as the preferred proponent and a signing ceremony took place to formalise award of the contract.
At approximately 1,000 metres long with a 6-metre-wide shared pedestrian and cycle path, the bridge will provide safer access for the more than 1,400 cyclists and 1,900 pedestrians who use the path on the existing Causeway Bridge daily.
The project comprises two cable stayed bridges, approach embankments and connects Victoria Park foreshore with Heirisson Island and the Perth CBD. The design acknowledges the rich Aboriginal history and culture of the area. The scope of work includes:
- The completion of the architectural and engineering design;
- Community and stakeholder engagement;
- The fabrication and transportation to site of approximately 1,500 tons of complex steel structure from Civmec’s Henderson heavy engineering facility;
- Ground preparation, earthworks and piling for approach embankments;
- In-river works including piling, pile caps and pylon structures; and
- Bridge structural erection and electrical installation.
Image Credit: Main Roads WA