Having established an office in Sydney and subsequent acquisition of Forgacs Facilities in Newcastle, Civmec has quickly secured substantial contracts which will see the Group make an immediate impact on the East Coast market.
Civmec will supply critical precast components to the Northwest Rail Link project, for NRT Infrastructure JV (NRTIJV). This is the first stage of Sydney’s AUD$8.9 billion public transport infrastructure project. Civmec has also secured a second package of works on the same project to carry out site concrete works as well as the precast installation for certain individual stations. Civmec has established pre-stressing capabilities at our Newcastle facility.
Having obtained the Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) Certificate of Prequalification – Category: Road Bridge Specialists – S – Civmec has secured two East Coast fabrication contracts:
- The first contract is for the supply, delivery and site assembly of bridge girders and supply of a bridge support tower and traffic sign frames totaling over 250 tonnes of steel for the Narellan Road Stage B works.
- The second contract is for the fabrication, off-site trial assembly, delivery and site assembly of a 200-metre-long bridge for the Nepean River shared path bridge, the complex structure consisting of over 820 tonnes of steel tubular truss sections. Both contracts were awarded by Seymour Whyte.
Civmec has also secured contracts on other major projects including:
- Manufacturing and delivering precast planks, beams and onsite precast concrete arrestor tubs for the Barangaroo Ferry Hub, connecting people to the Sydney CBD for McConnell Dowell.
- Supply and delivery of 4,235 linear metres of precast bridge parapet for the WestConnex M4 Widening Project (between Parramatta and Homebush NSW) for Rizzani CPB Joint Venture.
- Supply of pre-stressed bridge beams, the second package awarded to Civmec on the Pacific Highway (NSW) project for Pacifico (ACCIONA Ferrovial JV).
Mr. Patrick Tallon, Civmec Chief Executive Officer, said, “It is very exciting to secure these contracts and integral to the delivery is our new facility in Newcastle (NSW). This is a clear indication that there is a demand for our services on the East Coast of Australia. Along with offering local employment opportunities, we look forward to further developing our new facility where we are incorporating the innovations and efficiencies we developed at our WA Henderson facility.”